NCAA ELIGIBILITY NOTICE!
THE NCAA HAS ESTABLISHED A CENTRAL CLEARINGHOUSE TO DETERMINE INITIAL
ELIGIBILITY FOR DIVISIONS I and II STUDENT ATHLETES.
HERE IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW TO ASSIST YOUR
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT ATHLETES (PSA) WITH NCAA ELIGIBILITY. IN ORDER TO
PARTICIPATE IN DIVISION I OR II ATHLETICS.
- STUDENT ATHLETE MUST BE SURE TO INDICATE CODE #9999 ON ACT/SAT FOR
SCORE RELEASE (When registering to take the ACT/SAT, PSAs should indicate code
#9999 as one of the institutional codes to receive their scores. This will automatically send
their official scores to the Clearinghouse.)
- EACH HIGH SCHOOL MUST FILE AN ANNUAL "48H RENEWAL FORM" WITH THE
CLEARINGHOUSE STARTING WITH FALL 1993.*
* Each high school will verify that the titles of the core courses listed on the form match the terminology that
your school uses on official high school transcripts.
- EACH PSA WHO WISHES TO BE CERTIFIED MUST COMPLETE THE NCAA
INITIAL-ELIGIBILITY CLEARINGHOUSE STUDENT RELEASE FORM (NCAA
INITIAL-ELIGIBILITY CLEARINGHOUSE STUDENT RELEASE FORMS are mailed to each
high school principal. The forms are included in the NCAA Guide for the COLLEGE-BOUND
ATHLETE brochures and should be made available to PSAs in the Guidance office.
WHITE COPY AND $50.00 is mailed to the Clearinghouse by the PSA.
YELLOW COPY should be mailed to the Clearinghouse by the HIGH SCHOOL along with a
current official transcript.
PINK COPY is kept by the high school in its files to authorize sending a final official transcript
after graduation and proof of graduation.
- IF THE CLEARINGHOUSE DOES NOT RECEIVE FINAL TRANSCRIPTS FROM THE HIGH
SCHOOL, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED.
- REMIND YOUR PSAs TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THEIR
COLLEGE(S) OF CHOICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. (Be sure PSAs complete the formal
application process to each college in addition to following NCAA procedures.)
- It is recommended that prospective student athletes (PSAs) should register online.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE
NCAA INITIAL-ELIGIBILITY CLEARINGHOUSE,
2255 NORTH DUBUQUE ROAD
P.O. BOX 4044
IOWA CITY, IOWA 52243-4044